Note: I’m working on a major new project to make it easy for normal people to understand their microbiome test results. Meanwhile, if you have test results from uBiome or others, please contact me and I’ll be happy to help you (if you give me your data!)
How to interpret your uBiome results: My article in O’Reilly’s BioCoder.
How does kombucha affect the microbiome My experiment tracking my daily microbiome before/after drinking kombucha.
uBiome official Python Utilities Open source Python module for analyzing your uBiome results.
Peeking into a Baby Biome: Investigating a baby and her mother.
Posts to this site
- Self-Experimenters Guide to Probiotics: References
- C. difficile and Trehalose
- Best academic papers about the microbiome
- My favorite books about the microbiome
- Upon first seeing a new uBiome result
- I'm a secretor
- Measuring my uBiome diversity
- For potato starch, maybe less is more?
- Overselling the microbiome
- Which species do I track?
- [book] Epidemic of Absence
- What I learned at Quantified Self 2015
- Zocdoc vs OpenTable
- Bacteroides plebeius and me
- My gut diversity through time
- A year without Seth Roberts
- Potato starch doesn't help my sleep
- Upcoming talk: Your Microbiome, Your Health
- Yup, statins make me smarter
- I’m rich!
- Will statins make me smarter too?
- What potato starch really did to my gut
- A mistake in my fourth uBiome sample?
- Did raw potato starch wreck my gut?
- Looking into my mouth microbiome
- Fish oil, even when it's not a pill
- Using tools to analyze my uBiome results
- How to analyze a uBiome sample in Excel
- My uBiome third sample
Posts to the uBiome blog
Experimenting with a gut cleanse: before/during/after results from a one-month experiment.
Looking into my mouth microbiome: testing myself at the dentist.
One week change in my microbiome: a before/after test with detailed food tracking.
My microbiome in the jungle: how my gut biome changed during a trip to Central America.